I did some work on this, and can't quite figure out why it doesn't work now. But our datastores should be created to create their features and featureTypes with the proper namespaces. I thought this code wasn't in gt2, but it seems to be, though I don't know that it's been fully tested. DataStoreInfo has my attempts, but I didn't get it to work.
When this works (and a good test of if it's working) then the following code should be removed from TransactionFeatureHandler:
FeatureTypeFactory ftFactory = FeatureTypeFactory
FeatureType schema = ftFactory.getFeatureType();
(lines 268 - 272).
We shouldn't have to make a new schema with the factory setting the namespace correctly, the one we get from GeoServer should have the correct namespace. And as I said, I wrote up a decent bit of code to, but it didn't seem to work, probably just missed some little thing, but this hack got it working. This is just a reminder to fix it cleanly sometime.
CodeHaus Comment From: cholmes - Time: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 03:34:21 -0500
<p>I doubt I'll hit this for the next release.</p>
CodeHaus Comment From: cholmes - Time: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:36:56 -0500
<p>Moved to 1.3, I think refractions did some work on this on trunk, which we'll move to for 1.3</p>