We need a sample data_dir, and user basic is obviously a good one. We'll also need this to distribute a conf/ directory for the binary releases, and get people using it there, instead of writing to their webapp. The dir should be in the new format, without the WEB-INF junk
To create it for now we'll just use an ant task from the old style to the new one, and distribute that. Eventually we should go the other way, if we want to distribute in the webapp then we do the special thing of putting the catalog.xml in WEB-INF. But for now that will mess up our local file links.
CodeHaus Comment From: cholmes - Time: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 13:42:21 -0600
<p>I went a slightly different route. I made a directory called data_dirs, and it now has the new userBasic/ in it. Switches things around a bit, makes it nicer. The main reason is because I don't like the cite/ name, and we're going to have to go through a migration process anyways to get the old cite/conf things as new data_dirs, so this provides a nice transition mechanism to move things over. Things can live in both for a little bit. And they'll end up in a directory that's properly named, instead of cite/</p>