When trying to import Rasters into GeoServer (via GeoNode 2.5.2), the import fails and I see this in the GeoServer logs
When connecting a debugger to GeoServer and repeating, I found that what is causing the NPE is that the Store on the supplied ResourceInfo is null, but only sometimes. If the StoreInfo is null, a NPE is thrown on line 1415 of Importer when it tries to get the Namespace from the Workspae name of the StoreInfo.
This appears to be some sort of race condition as I am unable to reproduce it with the exact same GeoServer WAR on a local dev environment.
In an attempt to work around the issue, I found that getting the Namespace from the supplied ResourceInfo seems to work as intended.
OpenJDK 8 update 101 (64-bit)
Boundless Exchange 1.0.2 (w/ GeoNode 2.5.2)