Mailing list post for reference:
My team recently upgraded our GeoServer install and found that some of our ImageMosaic layers started displaying as "blank" or all-white. GetFeatureInfo requests return the correct values from 0-255, but any GetMap request over the same area returns a white image.
I believe this is a bug, as it only manifests in certain versions of GeoServer. We were able to reproduce this issue with a fresh GeoServer config with a single-GeoTIFF store using the following files:
- Works in any version of geoserver I tested (>= 2.9)
- Works in any version of geoserver I tested up to 2.10.2. WMS requests return a white image in geoserver >=2.10.3
I believe this issue can be reproduced only in >=2.10.3 by the following steps:
0. For each 20100101_S_20100101_concentration_v3.0.tif, 20100101_N_20100101_concentration_v3.0.tif:
1. Create a GeoTIFF store from the file
2. Publish a layer from the new store
3. View OpenLayers layer preview for the new layer
North should display grayscale data, South should be a white, empty image. User should be able to click anywhere on either image and get correct floating point values from 0-255 via GetFeatureInfo requests. When requesting a GeoTIFF, the south image displays all-white while the north image displays the correct data.
Example requests and results in geoserver >=2.10.3 (everything works as expected in prior versions):
-> Blank image
-> Value: 54.400001525878906
-> Fully rendered sea concentration imagery
WCS requests for the same data show no issues in 2.10.3.
Additionally, one of my colleagues reported another GeoTIFF issue that manifested at the exact same version that we speculate may be related:
National Snow and Ice Data Center